It provides you with details about the types of personal data that we collect from you, how we use your personal data and the rights you have to control our use of your personal data.
This policy applied regardless of how the Website is accessed and will cover any technologies or devices by which Asiaimportal Limited makes the Website available to you.
What information we collect
General Readers’ Information
When you browse the Website we may collect, through analytics software such as Google Analytics, the following personal data about you:
- Your IP address;
- your browsing activities.
If you decide to let a comment on our website, we’ll collect your name, e-mail address and website (if you choose to add this information).
If you decide to send an inquiry to us, we’ll collect all the information asked on our contact form, which can be found here.
Newsletter Subscribers’ Information
When you subscribe to the Website’s newsletter we may collect the following personal data about you:
- Your name, company name and e-mail address;
- Your IP address;
- your browsing activities.
Furthermore, if you decide to subscribe to our free newsletter, you’ll receive by e-mail our e-course and the articles published on the Website.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed instructions for unsubscribing at the bottom of each email.
If you make use of any social media features on our website, the social media provider may send us information in line with their policies. That information may include your name, profile picture, gender, friend lists and any other information you have chosen to make available. If you wish to prevent that sharing, you can do so by editing your social media privacy settings or the relevant settings/preferences for other social media providers.
How we may store and use your information
Asiaimportal Limited (and third party data processors acting on our behalf) may collect, store and process your personal data:
- to make this Website available to you and to provide you with content which is tailored to your individual tastes;
- to maintain any registered account that you hold with us;
- with your agreement, to contact you (by phone call or e-mail) about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- for customer satisfaction and market research purposes;
- to provide our goods and services to you and for associate purposes, including verifying your identity;
- for research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administrative purposes;
- for any related purposes, or where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (including for crime and fraud prevention and related purposes).
In addition, we may collect anonymised details about visitors to our Website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details that we collect for these purposes.
How we protect your information
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information (excepted if a third party acquires all or part of our business and/or assets). This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- In the event that a third party acquires all or part of our business and/or assets, we may disclose your personal data to that third party in connection with the acquisition.
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
How you can access your information
- If you subscribed to our newsletter and wish to unsubscribe from e-mail communications that we send to you, you can do this by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any e-mail newsletter we have sent.
- If you do not hold an account with us or wish to contact us in relation to any personal information that is not displayed in your account, you may ask us to access, delete or modify the information that we hold about you by using the contact information that you find below on this page.
What is a cookie?
In short, a cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer or mobile device to help ensure that you get the best possible experience when you visit a website.
The important thing to remember about all of this is that whilst some cookies are used to track your use of our Website, they cannot be used to identify you personally or tell us who you are.
Here’s a snapshot of all of the cookies we use on the Website:
First and third-party cookies
The cookies set by us are called ‘first-party cookies’. Those set by our partners or services we use are called ‘third-party cookies’.
Third-party cookies enable visitors to our website to see and interact with content such as information or videos provided to us by other companies. The same cookies can also help us with website analytics.
Session and persistent cookies
As with most websites, we also use ‘session cookies’, which exist only for the length of time that you visit our site and are deleted once you close your browser, along with ‘permanent cookies’ also known as ‘persistent cookies’ which remain stored on your browser ready for use the next time you visit our website.
Essential cookies are critical because you can’t access some functionalities of the Website without them.
Performance and functionality cookies
These cookies ensure the display of handy features such as videos.
Analytics and customization cookies
We use analytics and customization cookies to gather information on how the website is being used by our visitors and to discover how popular our marketing campaigns are. We also use the data we get to help customize the website for you and make the content you see as relevant as possible.
Social networking cookies
These cookies allow visitors like you to share our pages and content through third-party social networking websites.
Notice that we don’t use advertising cookies. Advertising cookies are used to ensure that websites only show you selected advertises (according to your browsing habits and past purchases).
How can you manage or disable cookies?
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent (excepted if a third party acquires all or part of our business and/or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to that third party in connection with the acquisition).
Children Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Terms of Service
Please also visit our Terms of Service section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
Visiting our website from outside the United States
If you are visiting our website from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored in, and processed in the United States. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries that your data may be transferred to might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that we take steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
Last Modification: 10 October 2016