Suggestion: Watch the 10 minutes video tutorial before reading this article
Japan is a highly developed country with a population of around 130 million people. With a strong purchasing power, it’s also comparatively digitized with a strong credit card and smartphone penetration.
This makes Japan one of the most interesting Asian countries for cross-border eCommerce sales.
Still, a majority of small European and American business owners merely focus on local markets and don’t grasp the opportunities to export to countries like Japan.
In this article, we review the following topics:
- How to find Japanese customers
- Trade fairs
- Do I need a visa to visit Japan prior to exports?
- Finding a Japanese distributor
- Registering your trademark in Japan
- Japanese certification standards
- Shipping products to Japan
- What are the biggest eCommerce platforms in Japan?