Shopee has become one of the biggest E-Commerce marketplaces in Southeast Asia. Nowadays, it can also be found in countries like Korea and Taiwan.
Thus, Shopee operates in Asian countries where Lazada currently doesn’t have a presence.
Increasingly more cross-border sellers wonder how they can start selling on Shopee. Often, they ask how they can fulfill and ship orders to clients in so many countries.
In this article, you’ll learn the following:
- What shipping options are available for Shopee sellers?
- 3rd party fulfillment centers
- Fulfilled By Shopee (FBS)
- How can sellers offer free shipping on Shopee?
- How can customers track orders?
- How do sellers manage returns and failed deliveries?
What shipping options are available for Shopee sellers?
Shopee doesn’t have a mature logistics infrastructure for global cross-border sellers. At least not in comparison to Lazada and major Chinese E-Commerce platforms, like Tmall Global and JD Worldwide.
Its services are mainly to serve sellers in China, at least at the moment.
This is not strange as most of the products sold online in Southeast Asia are in the lower price range, manufactured in- and sold from sellers in China.