Suggestion: Watch the 10 minutes video tutorial before reading this article
Many are unaware that China is a so-called first-to-file country which means that the person who registers your trademark first will get all the rights to distribute and sell the products.
Registering your trademark should be at the top of your to-do list as you might not even be able to sell the products in China if issues occur. There’s limited information regarding trademark registrations online, including the fees, how you can go about registering your trademark, the process, and more.
Therefore, I have written this article where I explain the details you need to know.
- The Importance of Registering a Trademark in China
- The Process when Registering a Trademark in China
- How long does it take?
- How much does it cost to register a trademark in China?
- Can foreign companies register trademarks in China?
- How should I name my Chinese trademark?
- Are Hong Kong trademarks valid in Mainland China?
- Are US or EU trademarks valid in China?
- Trademark Classes in China
- How can I search for trademarks in China?
The Importance of Registering a Trademark in China
Applying for a trademark is a crucial and important step that’s often ignored or overlooked by exporters.
As mentioned, China is a “first-to-file” country which means that the person who registers a trademark for a product, will also have all exclusive rights to distribute and sell the product.
You won’t unless you register the trademark first.